Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
KDE 4.1 is one such desktop which every one must try! It comes loaded with lot of cool features!!
- Here is a step by step procedure to install KDE 4.1 on Ubuntu 8.04
- STEP 1: Goto System->Administration->Software sources
- STEP 2: Enter the password and select the second tab ie Third-Party Software. Click on “Add” button and enter the following URL:deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-members-kde4/ubuntu hardy main
- STEP 3: Click on “Add Source” button. Then click on Close button. It will ask you if you want to reload the information about available software. Click on “Reload” and wait for software sources window to close. After that you have sucessfully added KDE 4.1.0 repositories!!
- STEP 4: Goto System->Administration->Synaptic Package Manager and click on Search Button.
Enter “kubuntu-kde4-desktop” and press search. Mark the above selection for installation and click on the Apply Button in the toolbar above. Again Click “Apply” on the summary window and wait for packages to download. Packages will be installed automatically.
- STEP 5: You will then be asked to choose the Display Manager(GDM or KDM-KDE4). Let it be GDM and click Forward. Installation will complete.
- STEP 6: Just Logout(System->Quit->Logout or use the shortcut next to the date). Select the “KDE 4” option in the “Select Session” Entry in the login Screen. Login and there you go!!
Experience the beauty of KDE 4 :-)