Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Freeing the Mind
Talk by Eben Moglen
05-06-2007, Technopark, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Symposium on "Patents, Copyrights and Knowledge Commons"
organised by Kerala State Planning Board, Kerala State IT Mission and Free Software Foundation of India.
Venue: Mascot Hotel, Trivandrum Time: 5:30 PM Date: 6 June 07
Meeting will be open to public.
1. "Innovativeness in Property Relations"
- Prof Prabhat Patnaik, Vice Chairman, Kerala State Planning Board.
2. "Freeing the Mind : Free Software and the Death of Proprietary Culture"
- Prof Eben Moglen, Columbia University.
3. Q & A
- A writeup by V Sasi Kumar on FSF Friends mailing list
- File:സൃഷ്ടിപരതയ്ക്ക് കുത്തകാവകാശം ആവശ്യമില്ല.pdf - An article in Malayalam daily Mathrubhumi on "Innovation does not need monopoly rights"
Prof Eben Moglen
Eben Moglen is a professor of law and legal history at Columbia University, and is the founder, Director-Counsel and Chairman of Software Freedom Law Center, whose client list includes numerous pro bono clients, such as the Free Software Foundation.
Moglen says that free software is a fundamental requirement for a democratic and free society in which we are surrounded by and dependent upon technical devices. Only if controlling these devices is open to all via free software, can we balance power equally.
Prof Prabhat Patnaik
Prof Prabhat Patnaik is a professor at the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning in the School of Social Sciences at Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi. He has written for several journals, such as Monthly Review and Political Affairs. He is the author of several books on economics, imperialism, Marxism and India. He is currently Vice-chairman of the Kerala State Planning Board.