Indian Society for Technical Education at MES College of Engineering, Kuttippuram.
What is ISTE Edit
ISTE is a premier national level society of Professionals & Educators. Started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into "Indian Society for Technical Education" in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of technical education. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technologists needed by the industries and other organisations. Being the only national organisation of educators in the field of engineering and technology, ISTE is being represented in the various Technical Committees and Boards formed by the Central Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, AICTE & State Governments also involve ISTE in their important programmes and activities relating to technical education.
ISTE Chapters Edit
Major functional units of ISTE are known as Chapters. There are three types of ISTE chapters, namely Parents' Chapters, Students' Chapters & Teachers' Chapters. ISTE Students' Chapter is already operative at MESCE. The Executive Staff Members are drawn from the existing life members of ISTE in the institution.
Executive Staff Members Edit
- Sasikumar (ME Dept) - Faculty Advisor
- Vinu V Das (CSE Dept)
- Sobin CC (IT Dept)
- Saritha MS (IT Dept)
- Rakhee (CSE Dept) - Jt Treasurer
- Jayasree N R(EEE Dept) - Treasurer
- Nafeesa K (EEE Dept)
- CK Raju (IT Dept) - Secretary
Activities for the year 2007 Edit
- Membership drive with first year students to be completed before Jan 2007
- Membership drive with new members of faculty to be completed before Feb 2007 (Vinu V Das is designing a new form, which all department co-ordinators can avail and extend it to new members of faculty for enrolling as life members.)
- Inauguration of annual activities planned on Jan 2007
- Free Software in Engineering - IT Dept, Feb 2007
- Election of the new office-bearers for 2008 in Dec 2007