Date: 29th April to 1st May
Venue: Tharakan High School, Angadipuram, Perinthalmanna.
- Pramod CE
9.00AM: Work shop Kick off
session1: Introduction to GNU/Linux (9.00 AM to 12.00 PM)
Aim: To familiarize GNU/Linux Desktop with students. They have heard about GNU/Linux in IT@School Theory Classes. They have heard about Open office, GIMP etc.. But they never used it!.. Some students even don't know how it looks like. In this session we need to demonstrate a few Desktop Tool.
GIMP, Open office (Malayalam editing)
What is a Live CD? How to Use a live CD?
(We will install Debian Etch in all Computers in the Lab. Also there will be a demo with BOSS Live CD. Building Our own custom Debian CD for the workshop is also under consideration.) We need to demonstrate some useful tools which they can find only in GNU/Linux. Give your suggestions.
1.00 PM to 3.00 PM
session2: Basic Electronics
- Component Identification.
- Playing with Leds and Transistors.
- PHOENIX Robot Demo
30th April Edit
9.00AM to 3.00PM
session3: Be a PHOENIX Buddy
- PHOENIX Robot (Continued..)
- Introduction to Python programming Language
- Maths with Python
- PHOENIX Experiments
1st May Edit
"PHOENIX n PYTHON -Made for Each Other"
- Simple PHOENIX-PYTHON Projects for students
- Rover in mars was driven by students in NASA,now it is your chance to experience it. Drive a battle jeep from your python prompt..